Barring no holds on your student account, you can register for classes online via the S.A.I.L. Student Portal or in-person at the Office of the Registrar. (NOTE: If you are an incoming freshman, you will be prohibited from registering for classes prior to attending New Student Orientation.)
Registering online via S.A.I.L.
To register for classes online, login to the S.A.I.L. Student Portal and follow the instructions given below:
- Click the Student tab.
- Click on the Registration link.
- Click on Add or Drop Classes link.
- Select the desired term from the drop-down menu and click Submit.
- In the spaces provided, enter the 5-digit Call Number (CRN) for each class you would like to add to your schedule.
NOTE: The Call Number (CRN) for each course is located in the Call Number (CRN) column of the class schedule.
- Once you have entered the Call Numbers for all courses you desire to take, click on Submit Changes.
Registering in person
Students may register on-site at the Registrar's Office, located in the Student Services Center (Round Building), using a Class Scheduling Form. See our registration schedule for exact dates.
Students are encouraged to register at their earliest opportunity. However, students may late register in-person at the Office of the Registrar. See the registration schedule for late registration deadlines. A $50.00 late registration fee will be charged to anyone registering for the first time. Bills for tuition and fees will be available for payment in the Business Office in the Student Service Center immediately following your registration.
Help! I’m not able to register!
If you are experiencing difficulty registering for classes, it could be due to any number of reasons:
- You may be trying to register before you are eligible. Check the registration schedule for more information.
- Your records may not be active for this term. If you took a lengthy hiatus from school, or are a candidate for graduation, you will need to re-apply for admission before you can register.
- You may be trying to access S.A.I.L. after hours. The portal is available from 12 a.m. to 11:55 pm, except when down for maintenance. Be sure to check the S.A.I.L. login page for notices regarding its availability.
- The class you are registering for is not available, or requires a prerequisite or special permit. Be sure to check the Class Schedule to verify that the course still has available seats and does not require any additional items (prerequisite, special labs, etc.) in order to register for it.
- You may have a registration hold. See below to learn how to check for holds on your student account.
- After the posted end date to register online you will no longer be able to add/drop courses via SAIL. You must come in person to add/drop courses in the SSC (Round) building.
Checking for registration holds
A registration hold is an item that can be placed on your student record to prevent you from registering for classes until the reason for its placement is resolved.
To view any holds that may be currently on your student record, login to the S.A.I.L. Student Portal and follow the instructions given below:
- Click the Student tab.
- Click on the Students Records link.
- Click on the View Holds link.
Any holds currently on your student account will be reflected on this page. It is YOUR responsibility to note any hold(s) you may have and to contact the office/department responsible for placing the hold to resolve the issue.
If you cannot register and are unable to determine a cause, please contact the Office of the Registrar.
Registration Helpful Links