FAQ about Electronic Transcripts for Recipients
I am not a current or former student. Why have I received e-mail messages from TAMUCC?
How do I retrieve the electronic transcript?
- The TAMUCC student identified on the transcript has authorized the TAMUCC Registrar's Office to send you their official transcript electronically.
How long do I have to retrieve the electronic transcript?
- You will receive two e-mail messages from TAMUCC:
- The first e-mail will contain a link to the Document Delivery Service Web site.
- The second e-mail will contain the passcode. Copy and paste the passcode into the Document Delivery Service Web site.
Can I bookmark the Web site to save a step as I receive additional electronic transcripts?
- It can be downloaded for up to seven days after it is originally sent. If you don’t download the electronic transcript within the first week, please contact our office to resend it.
- After 30 days, the electronic transcript will no longer be available for download. The requestor will need to order another transcript.
I successfully retrieved the document and saved it on my desktop, but I cannot open it again.
I successfully retrieved the document, but DID NOT save it on my desktop. Can I retrieve the document again from the Web site?
- No. The Web site link is unique for each specific electronic transcript.
- Bookmarking the URL will result in an error message if you attempt to retrieve a different transcript.
How do I know the electronic transcript is valid?
- Yes. However, the transcript may only be downloaded up to five times.
- After that, the requestor will need to request another transcript.
- The transcript fee will be charged again.
I received a document certification message of "UNKNOWN." There was a question mark to the left of this message, what does this mean?
- When you download the PDF document, you will see a valid certificate message at the top of the page.
- There will be a blue ribbon displayed to the left of this message.
I received a document certification message of "INVALID." There was a red X to the left of this message, what does this mean?
- The author could not be verified.
- Call the Registrar's Office immediately! Our number is (361) 825-2624 and our regular hours are 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.